Every stepped and every staggered gable abutment must be so constructed to prevent rainwater and dampness from penetrating below the abutting roof line. This is because the external skin changes status below the roof line and becomes an internal skin.
The system fulfils three basic requirements:
1 It prevents dampness from penetrating below the critical stepped roof line.
2 It externally weatherproofs and flashes the physical roof/masonry intersection.
3 It also prevents the inside skin from becoming damp.
The high performance Type X cavitray speeds up operations on site and ensures a good and known quality of build. Type X trays are handed, to suit left hand slopes and right hand slopes. Every tray is a self-contained unit, with its own ready-shaped lead flashing attached.
Select long leads to dress directly over tiles, or alternatively short leads to dress over the upstand of a secret gutter or soaker. Unlike other systems, the Type X has an adjustable cavity upstand so it always suits the actual cavity width and is therefore always compatible. Just bed in position and flush point as the external skin is raised.
At a later date the lead flashing may be dressed. Allow one tray per course up each slope, Stipulate left hand or right hand trays. Also whether long lead or short lead flashings. The bottom of each slope usually starts with a catchment tray (or angle if on a corner). The top usually requires a ridge tray.
Preformed DPC cavitray complete with an attached ready-shaped lead flashing to form a stepped cavity DPC and flashing at the abutment of a pitched roof with a cavity wall. The Type X is the only “high performance” classified cavitray for gable abutments, and offers the builder numerous benefits. Ideal for new-build applications.
- Solid DPC petheleyne, AA.
- Lead flashing BS EN 12588.
- Specify pitch, lead length, handing and whether external skin is brickwork.
- Water drip bars eliminate underbase track-back.
- Correct mortar bedding depth is also established as bar dimensions harmonise with front of tray section to aid stability and mortar integrity.
- Integral cavitray sealing flap links with upper tray.
- Feature on the tray end upstand arrests horizontal tracking at this vulnerable point.
- Adjusts for cavities from 50mm up to 160mm.