IntroductionThe Party Wall Integrity Barrier is supplied in long lengths and consists of semi-rigid profiled solid DPC, to which is bonded a thick alkaline earth silicate fibre insulation layer. The profiled design ensures no mortar-bridging or capillary attraction can function where an abutting solid or cavity party wall joins the external masonry skin. The Type PWIB promotes acoustic compartmentalisation, addressing flanking transmission (sound attenuation). It also introduces effective fire integrity measures. Designated a Cavi240 product, achieving 240 minutes fire integrity when independently tested.
To damp-proof, insulate and provide a fire integrity barrier at party wall intersection. 240 minutes fire designation.
- Black polypropylene/petheleyne solid DPC.
- Alkaline silicate fibre insulation.
- 2400mm lengths and various widths.
- Fire integrity rating of 4 hours.
- Acts as a DPC.
- Supplied in varying widths and thicknesses to suit all sizes of cavities and all sizes of party wall.