IntroductionThe new Type V Contract Closer provides an economical way of closing cavity wall reveals. Manufactured from PVCU, the Type V is a one part closer consisting of a ribbed face section which spans the open cavity and overlays the inner and outer skins of masonry. Secured behind this face is a closed cell insulating core, which is accommodated within the cavity. Integral slots to both sides of the capillary-break V shaped core housing, accept ties and secure the closer to the masonry skins. The new Type V Contract Closer permits frames to be fitted in any position within the depth of the reveal.
Closes cavity walls. Insulates reveal and acts as a DPC.
- Material, PVCU, white.
- Standard lengths: 2.1 metres, 3 metres.
- V50 suits 50mm cavity.
- V65 suits 65mm cavity.
- V75 suits 75mm cavity.
- V100 suits 100mm cavity.
- Insulating core: Closed cell polystyrene.
- Combined closer, DPC and insulation.
- Positive securing ties.
- Severe weather rating with 30mm set back.
- Very severe rating with checked reveal using formatted version.